Last week I told you about my crash course in streaming yoga classes live via the Internet. After much deliberation I decided against a webinar (where you only see me on screen and follow the instructions) and in favour of a two-way video conference where I can also see and hear you and give you feedback on your poses and necessary adjustments.
The trial sessions last week were a success (after some initial technical problems) with many of you commenting that this works surprisingly well. Hence, it’s a go!
Regular online yoga classes will commence on Monday, 9 April!
We will be using Zoom which is easy to use and has all the functionality we need. The process to join is as follows:
- Check the Class Schedule and select the class that you would like to attend
- Register by clicking on the class and then ‘Register here’ and pay for your pass online or via bank transfer (no cash in class, sorry :-)).
- After payment, I will send you an email to the email address you used when registering (The sender of this email is ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’. Please, make sure that you can receive emails from this email address.)
- The email contains the link and password for the Zoom Yoga Class.
- Please, join the meeting about 5 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time to iron out any technical issues. I will open the meeting 15 minutes before the scheduled time in case of questions.
- Have fun!
Recommendations for the best experience:
Use a computer with a webcam, speakers and a microphone OR a laptop with integrated webcam and mic OR an iPAD (with some sort of stand). Headphones don’t work well for yoga.
You need your yoga mat and props ready before the class starts. You can order props by clicking here (Iyogaprops) or here (EMP Industries) and bolsters by clicking here (Stretch Now) (and no, I don’t have any affiliation with them.)
Make sure that you can see the screen and that the camera has a good view of you on your mat. The light needs to come from behind the camera. Minimise background noise as everybody will be able to hear it.